Safety & Hygiene Protocols
Our Commitment to Safety
The CLEAN Events are committed to creating exceptional experiences that ignite connection and commerce, especially through our in-person events this fall. The health and safety for our attendees and sponsors is of the utmost concern and priority of the 2020 Industry Summit. In an effort to maintain the health and well-being of all participants at the Summit, we have implemented new event standard operating practices and procedures.
We’ve created a document outlining our safety & hygiene protocols at the 2020 Industry Summit. You can use this to help justify your attendance for the in-person Summit. Download the official safety & hygiene document for the 2020 Summit here.
City of Houston – Health and Safety
From Visit Houston: Houston is welcoming a safe return to travel which includes social distancing, hand washing, face-covering, and other preventive measures. In Houston, all businesses are now permitted to reopen at reduced capacity including restaurants, retail, salons, museums, and attractions. Bars will remain closed until further notice. Businesses that previously had been able to operate at 100% capacity may continue to do so, and most outdoor areas are not subject to capacity limits. For more specific information, visit the State of Texas, the City of Houston, and the CDC’s resource pages.
Are Masks Required?
Yes, masks are required for anyone 10 years or older when in public or within a commercial entity. See more on mask requirements.
What precautions are hotels taking when cleaning rooms?
Our hospitality partners have taken a pledge to take every precaution to help keep you safe. Find out what our hotel partners are doing to keep visitors safe through the city’s Houston Clean Initiative page.
Which restaurants have outdoor dining?
There is a large selection of restaurants that offer outdoor dining. We recommend calling ahead to see if reservations are required. View Restaurants with Patio Dining.
You can find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions and recent information on restaurants, attractions, and other businesses welcoming visitors here.
Event Safety & Hygiene Protocols
The health and safety of our event attendees, exhibitors and sponsors is of the utmost concern and priority. In an effort to maintain the health and well-being of all at the 2020 Industry Summit, we are committed to following the U.S. Travel Associations guidelines for business travel. We recognize that all events and venues are different, so we will update all participants on specific safety measures before we go onsite.
We’re working with our partners on an enhanced event hygiene
protocol—going beyond health and safety “recommendations” to create an
environment where you are safe to learn and connect with one another.
- Attendees and sponsors are strongly encouraged to
pre-register to limit onsite registration and contact.
- Attendees are encouraged to check their temperatures
before arriving at the event, and if they have a fever, are asked not to
Hotel Staff and Check In
- Hotel staff will be
required to wear protective masks and gloves while onsite.
- Hotel staff will
be required to complete a temperature check prior to beginning their shift.
- Guests are
encouraged to use the mobile app for check in, keyless room access and
receiving final bills without contact.
- Guest rooms will be cleaned using products recommended
and approved by CDC that kill novel corona virus while safe for guests and
- Hotel lobby desks will be equipped with plexiglass/no-contact
- High traffic areas (such as handrails,
escalators, door knobs, elevator buttons, etc.) will be disinfected every
- Touchless hand sanitizer dispensers will be
available throughout the event and common areas.
- Housekeeping, replenishing of linens and
in-room dining delivery will be suspended for short term stays.
non-essential high-touch items such as Magazines, note pads, pens, etc. will be
removed from guest rooms.
- Floor decals and
signage have been added in common areas to remind guests of social distancing
At the Event
- Masks will be required and will be provided for any attendee who needs one.
- Temperature checks and online screening questionnaires provided by CTEH will be conducted at entry for all attendees prior to checking in, and if an individual has a fever, the individual will be requested to quarantine and to seek medical attention from a nearby medical facility.
- If an individual displays symptoms of acute respiratory illness or other possible COVID-19 symptoms upon arrival to the venue or becomes sick during a day of the event, the individual will be requested to quarantine and to seek medical attention from a nearby medical facility.
- When possible, public space restroom doors will be propped open to reduce hand to surface contact and have reminders of social distancing protocols.
- Registration will be set to allow for proper physical distancing and all staff will be required to wear masks.
- Show Management staff will sanitize the registration desk in between each guest interaction.
- Attendees that come onsite to register will be directed to complete their registration using their mobile device or laptop by Show Management staff.
- Hard copy materials and presentation handouts will be limited and instead will be advertised digitally pre and post-show on the mobile app.
- Table top sponsors are encouraged to bring their own sanitation supplies as they will be responsible for the cleanliness of their booth space.
- Physical distancing/no handshake stickers and signage will available for attendees and tabletop sponsors.
- Conference certificates will not be printed or available onsite and instead provided digitally upon email request to Cassie Davie.
- Elevators will be limited to a capacity and are equipped with signage to remind guests of social distancing requirements.
- Stairs/escalators will be the preferred mode of navigating between the lobby and the event space whenever possible.
In the Session
- Dedicated entry and exit points will be identified to ease one-way traffic flow.
- Only individuals who have a badge for the event, hotel staff and Show Management will be allowed into the session room.
- Session rooms will be set to allow for proper physical distancing.
- Linen-less tables will be used whenever possible to facilitate frequent cleaning.
- Pens and pads will only be available upon request.
- Candy and communal water service will not be available.
- When possible, meeting room doors will be left open to reduce hand to surface contact.
- The hotel will conduct standard meeting room refreshes and cleaning of high tough point areas in meeting rooms between scheduled sessions.
- The stage will be equipped with 2 sets of stairs, 1 on each side, for speakers to use as dedicated entry/exit points.
- Attendees will submit their questions via the mobile app to be relayed to speakers by Show Management during sessions in place of passed Q&A mics.
- Bottled water will not be pre-placed at the podium and instead handed to every speaker individually upon taking the stage.
- The AV technician will be masked and gloved for the duration of the session and running all presentations from the tech table in the back of the room in place of speakers running their own presentations.
Food & Beverage Service
- Food and beverage services will be provide in a minimal contact way (i.e. no buffets, pre-packaged food is preferred and catering staff will be masked and gloved).
- Food service/buffet shields will be used as applicable.
- All food items will be separately packaged or served by attendants wearing masks and gloves.
- All condiments (cream, sugar, etc.) will be served in individual portions.
- Food and beverage placement will be in areas that facilitate proper physical distancing of 6’ while guests are in line.